Sunday, March 02, 2008

Finn Fun



Today Irmina and I traded places. She took Asha to church and I looked after Finn. Irmina thinks it's a good idea for Finn and me to spend more time together so he bonds with a male role-model. I just like a change now and then.

I finished the breakfast dishes and then took a nap. My strategy when I want to nap with Finn is to lie down and fall asleep and after playing for a while around me, sooner or later, he lies down and falls asleep too (kind of a non-strategy strategy). Although he did lie down, he was quiet but awake when I woke up; so it was semi-successful. Afterward I gave him some lunch, did the dishes and we played. We played with his older sister's leap-pad, read some books, ate some snacks, and played in the tent.

He also played very well on his own for a few minutes while I graded a couple of papers. When the rest of the family returned we had both had fun together; and I felt better rested than I have in weeks. Irmina had done some errands including picking up for me that copy of Don Quixote that I've been wanting to read.

No comments: